Tiger's Eye Round Cabochon 20x20mm
Tiger's Eye Round Cabochon
This listing is for 1 tigers eye cabochon. Each cabochon is randomly selected.
Historical and Scientific Facts:
- Tigers eye is a variety of quartz that has inclusions of iron, which gives it its striped appearance with an optical effect known as chatoyancy.
- This stone is formed from part of a type of asbestos, known as corcidolite. However, the crocidolite is completely replaced by quartz and iron ore, making it non-toxic.
- Tigers eyes are usually brown naturally, but can rarely be found as red. Tigers eyes can be found dyed pink, green or navy blue.
- Tigers eye is primarily mined in Africa, but can also be found in Brazil, Australia, and even in the United States.
- In ancient times, tigers' eye was believed by the Egyptians to be a from of “the all seeing eye”.
- Romans brought tigers' eye into battle with them, believing it would bring them strength and courage.
Tigers' eye is very well known to be a stone for protection and strength. Many also believe it to be a good luck stone for those who wear it. It is worn by those who wish to gain more courage and confidence in themselves.